Emergency First Response ( EFR )
Duration: 1 Day
CPR and basic first aid are essential life-saving skills that everyone should know. This course is open to divers and non-divers alike. The EFR course teaches you the skills in a nonstressful way, increasing your willingness and confidence to help others facing a medical emergency. This course is a prerequisite if you are going to be doing the Rescue Diver course.
The Emergency First Response course will teach you:
- Importance of responding quickly in an emergency.
- Why you should help in an emergency.
- Why people hesitate in providing emergency care.
- The legal implications of helping people in an emergency situation.
- What is the chain of survival and how Emergency First Responder is involved.
- Activating Emergency Medical service.
- Cardio pulmonary resuscitation procedures.
- Risks Emergency First Responders face and how to avoid them.
- Recognition of life-threatening emergencies: heart attack, cardiac arrest, stroke and choking.
- Primary and Secondary Care: ABCD’s of the lifeline.
- Bleeding management, Shock Management, Spinal chord injury recognition and preventing permanent damage.
- Difference between injury and illness, signs and symptoms.
- First Aid for common injuries: dealing with fracture, cuts and bruises, venomous bites.
- Application of splints and bandages