PADI Advanced Open Water Diver Course
Duration: 2 Days
The 2 day PADI Advanced Open water diver course can be started right after your Open water course. This is a practical course and is about advancing your dive skills and confidence, exposing you to different diving conditions by doing 5 Adventure dives. Two of these Adventure dives are compulsory: Underwater Navigation dive, and the Deep dive, (which now increases your maximum allowed depth from 18 meters to 30 meters, allowing you access to a wider variety of dive sites.) The remaining Adventure dives can be any of the following:
- Navigation Dive
- Deep Dive
- Search and Recovery Dive
- Underwater Naturalist Dive
- Aware Fish Identification Dive
- Peak Performance Buoyancy Dive
- Wreck Dive
- Underwater Digital Photography Dive
- Boat Dive
- Night Dive
PADI Advanced Open Water Divers are qualified to:
- Dive without direct supervision of a PADI Professional up to a recommended maximum depth of 30 meters.
- Rent or purchase scuba equipment and participate in dive activities.
- Continue further dive training by finishing the PADI specialty dive courses.
To sign up for a PADI Advanced Open Water Diver course, you must be at least 12 years old. You need good swimming skills and need to be in good physical health.
The PADI Advanced Open Water Diver course consists of two phases:
- Knowledge Development ( independent study or in a classroom) There are sections for each Adventure dive that you choose, that need to be completed. Knowledge reviews at the end of each chapter have to completed and discussed with you instructor before the dive.
- Adventure Dives: To improve your skills and learn new ones – you do five dives in the sea to complete the Advanced Open Water Diver course.
This course schedule is flexible and could be planned with either three dives on the first day and two on the second or vice versa.
Day 1: Theory ( Adventure Dives 1, 2 and 3 )
8:30 to 10:00 am: Course registration and completing the first three sections of the Advanced Open water course theory, followed by some knowledge review quizzes.
10:00 to 4:00 pm: We head out by boat to the dives site and get underwater foryour first three adventure dives. Return, debrief and log your dives.
Day 2: Theory ( Adventure Dives 4, 5 )
8:30 to 9:30 am: Completing the last two sections of the Advanced Open watercourse theory, followed by a knowledge review session. There are no exams, yay!
9:30 to 3:00 pm: Adventure Dives 4 and 5, Return, debrief, log the dives, and complete your certification process. Congratulations! You are now an PADI Advanced Open Water Diver.