PADI Scuba Diver Course
Duration: 2 Days
The 2 day PADI Scuba Diver course is like doing a part of the PADI Open Water Diver certification course.
If you’re short on time but really want to become a diver, the PADI Scuba Diver course is designed for you. This course is a step towards earning an PADI Open Water Diver certification.
PADI Scuba Divers are qualified to:
- Dive under the direct supervision of a PADI Professional up to a maximum depth of 12 metres.
- Rent or purchase scuba equipment and participate in dive activities as long as properly supervised.
- Continue further dive training by finishing the PADI Open Water Diver certification and taking further diver courses.
To sign up for a PADI Scuba Diver course, you must be at least 10 years old. You need good swimming skills and need to be in good physical health. The PADI Scuba Diver course consists of three main phases:
- Knowledge Development ( independent study or in a classroom) to understand basic principles of scuba diving – just the first three of five sections of the Open Water Diver course theory.
- Confined Water Dives to learn basic scuba skills – just the first three of five dives of the Open Water Diver course
- Open Water Dives to use your skills and explore – you do just two of the four dives required to do the Open Water Diver course.
You learn to use basic scuba gear, including a mask, snorkel, fins, regulator, buoyancy control device and a tank. Your PADI Instructor will explain the equipment you need and may suggest additional educational materials, such as the required logbook.
Day 1: Theory and Pool Training
8:30 to 1:00 pm: Course registration and completing the first three sections of the Open water course theory and video, followed by some knowledge review quizzes.
2:00 to 4:00 pm: We hit the pool to learn to use the scuba equipment and to practice some essential underwater skills.
Day 2: Open water dives
8:30 am to 3:30 pm: Meet at the Dive centre, kit up, and head out by boat to the dive site. Do two dives along with your instructor, where you practice your newly learned skills and explore the underwater world. Complete your paperwork, log your dives and you are ready to be certified as a PADI Scuba Diver!